Ren-C and Ren-T - Compatible?

stempile

I haven't been following the Renard standard pin outs. So I out of the loop on the following:

Will WayneJ's Ren-T board RJ-45 pin out match up to the following:
1 - Provide Power to the Ren-C
2 - Provide Zero Crossing to the Ren-C
3 - Provide Power to the downline Grinch board (on the other side of the Ren-C)

I didn't do any homework, was thinking someone close to these projects already knows this.

Thanks
ms

Matt,

the RENC draws 5VDC from the GRINCH/595 via the IN RJ45. The GRINCH/595 need it own 5V DC Power Feed via J2 on the controller.

The RENC needs a ZC signal, you can do this with the RENT or a power supply based on that design. (CT transformer, two diodes and a Capacitor.

The 'downstream; GRINCH/595 need it own 5V DC Power Feed via J2

The capacitor is used on the power-supply side of things, not the zero-crossing side. All that is needed for the zero-crossing is the transformer, diodes, and connectors/wiring.

--

Phil

I have got access to a simple ZC design supply that was part of the horning dimmer design. I will just dig that out. I plan to power the grinch(s) with a DC output wall wart that I have cheap access to.

ms

Pins 7/8 for ZC

I am not clear why there are two pins used for zero crossing? Based on the schematic of the Ren-T it appears that they are tied together.

ms

If the Ren-C boards are daisy-chained together, one Ren-T will work for both. Basically, you will need one Ren-T per serial port in this situation.

--

Phil

Back