Renard and LOR

I have 5 16 Channel LOR controllers and a renard ss8. I am using the advanced version of the lightorama software suite and the usb485-ISO adapter to plug my pc into the controllers. I also have the renard usb485 adapter if that is any help. Can I use the renard in my LOR network? 8 more channels would be nice.

Yes, but you need to run DMX firmware on your renard and insure you output DMX from your set up to that controller, you may just wish to run all your controllers in DMX mode.

If I run everything on DMX then can I daisy chain everything together or do I have to hook the renard up separately? How do you run the renard on DMX and how do you output DMX from Light-O-Rama software? Thanks for the help!

If I run everything on DMX then can I daisy chain everything together or do I have to hook the renard up separately? How do you run the renard on DMX and how do you output DMX from Light-O-Rama software? Thanks for the help!

You need to flash DMX firmware onto your renard. As far as daisy chaining, i believe you have to custom make your cables, i know there is something somewhere on how the pinout for the cables should look. I will see if i can find it, but may actually be in the wiki pages at the top of the forums.

Looks as though that board does it have a ISCP header on it, so you will need a pic clip and a pic it programmer.

Ok, I got the firmware flashed but what cables do I have to make? It sounds like lor needs a crossover cable and the ss8 needs a crossover cable, do I have to do both or just one? Also, can I use my usb485-ISO with DMX or do I have to buy a different adapter?

Hey, Daniel, it's Bruce. Just let me know when you want to come by, and we can make the crossover cables you need.

Back