Repairing commercial M5 LED lights

I am curious to know/hear if anyone else has put forth much effort into repairing the M5 style sealed commercial LED strands? If so, have you had a very challenging time with repairs on blue strands??

It' been a while since I fooled with LED's. There is a gizmo called an LED Keeper that can help isolate a dead LED. Once you find the dead one, you can replace it if you have spares. If not, you can just cut it out of the string. One LED missing won't affect the integrity of the string.

It' been a while since I fooled with LED's. There is a gizmo called an LED Keeper that can help isolate a dead LED. Once you find the dead one, you can replace it if you have spares. If not, you can just cut it out of the string. One LED missing won't affect the integrity of the string.
Thanks, I use it all the time. My troubles are beyond the tool. Just about any blue strand I try to repair is nothing but trouble. I replace one LED,let the strand sit for some time plugged in and before long its about done the "supernova" effect like old incandescent lights do when too many burn out without getting replaced.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

I have seen Blue LED light strings do this failure.
I had 60 sets given to me years ago and no matter how many times I repaired the strings it still had problems.
I checked the current draw and voltage of the strings also and they were within specifications.

Finally gave up and tossed them in the trash.

I have repaired hundreds of LED light strings over the years and at a local meeting I talked to a user who bought my AC light strings over 12 years ago.
He said my repaired lights strings have not failed and the store bought strings would fail, he would grab one of mine to replaced the failed string.

Dennis Cherry

I have seen Blue LED light strings do this failure.
I had 60 sets given to me years ago and no matter how many times I repaired the strings it still had problems.
I checked the current draw and voltage of the strings also and they were within specifications.

Finally gave up and tossed them in the trash.

I have repaired hundreds of LED light strings over the years and at a local meeting I talked to a user who bought my AC light strings over 12 years ago.
He said my repaired lights strings have not failed and the store bought strings would fail, he would grab one of mine to replaced the failed string.

Dennis Cherry
At least I know I am not alone. Any thoughts on what is so special about blue?? And I assume those were the commercial grade sets correct??

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Back