Rgb controllers

wolfcowboy

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me or explain which controllers that I can use with hsl to run rgb dumb and pixel lights and that will work with the renard controllers that I am already using and running in hsl? An could someone explain how to hook them up in hsl and how to use nutcracker with hsl to run and add effects to the rgb?

A lot of the information your looking for about hooking up controllers and such is common between all sequence players and can be found in the beginners section of the wiki on this forum. As for the hls specific information, you will need to go to the hls help pages on the hls site.

Could you elaborate on which Renard controllers you currently have and flavor of pixel controller if so .

The Renard Dc24 and Renard 48lsd are good for dumb rgb . there is dcssr's for certain flavors of the Renard board which will drive dumb rgb elements .

Depending on what you use to interface your controllers to your computer , there will be different methods/procedures to configure them within HLS.

More info is required to be of better help .

Effects creation for rgb is kind of a blanket question and would require a little more detail .

Regarding effects created in Nutcracker , you export the effect to the Nutcracker folder within HLS .

Once you have the effect in this folder you have several options to use/place the effect .

If a Pixel plane is present , you can place the effect on it .
If a display group of rgb channels is present , you can use the drop Pixel plane effects on rgb channels selection .

I am sure more help will be available if you provide more detail as to your hardware setup and specific element type to sequence .

I'm using the renard ss controllers to run all my led lights. I was wanting to add some rgb's to my display this year just wasn't for sure what rgb controllers would work with the renard ss boards using cat 5 cable and how to set them up in hsl? On the rgbs I was looking to use the dumb rgb for my first year of using them. for my interface to the computer I am using a usb port to cat 5 on the com port of my computer?

The 2 Renard controllers I suggested would fit your setup and adding in HLS would be a simple channel addition if daisy chaining to your existing .

The Renard Dc24 is what I would suggest as it can drive full strings or strips .

The Renard 48lsd is good for a meter or less without additional parts , ( and batteries are not included J/k :) )

I run pixels and Dumb LED strings.... I use Renard controllers for my LED stingers (110 volt). For my pixels I uses a San Devices E682 controllers. One of my E682's is set to output DATA to my Renards...and it also runs my house pixels....so while it doesn't drive both types of lights it does allow me to run the data signal through 1 common controller.

So I can output everything through e1.31 outputs and not have to worry about 2 different 'transport' systems for data.

I don't think there is such a 'beastie' that can drive both pixel (5 or 12 volt) and 110 VAC off of 1 board.....

Hope that helps and makes sense.....

I run pixels and Dumb LED strings.... I use Renard controllers for my LED stingers (110 volt). For my pixels I uses a San Devices E682 controllers. One of my E682's is set to output DATA to my Renards...and it also runs my house pixels....so while it doesn't drive both types of lights it does allow me to run the data signal through 1 common controller.

So I can output everything through e1.31 outputs and not have to worry about 2 different 'transport' systems for data.

I don't think there is such a 'beastie' that can drive both pixel (5 or 12 volt) and 110 VAC off of 1 board.....

Hope that helps and makes sense.....

And if you like soldering the e682's are available in kit form .

http://www.sandevices.com/aboutus.html

If your planning to add dumb rgb this year and go pixels next year. Why don't you just buy pixels and pixel controller now and sequence them as dumb rgb. You will save alot of money in the long run.

And if you like soldering the e682's are available in kit form .

http://www.sandevices.com/aboutus.html

I had 1 delivered within the last week.... Putting these boards together is a piece of cake....doesn't take long at all.... My Renards were significantly more time consuming....

I replaced my dumb LED leapers with pixel leapers this year hence the new E682..... I've replaced most all of my non pixel strings with the exception of my wireframes (which I don't see replacing) and house shrubs..... I'm not sure of how well pixels on shrubs would work out so I'll likely keep my dumb LEDs there as well..... Now that I've swapped out most of those I can concentrate on some new pixel elements in the future.

I'm just getting started and have an SS24 kit ordered to run my existing incandescent and led light strings (all 110V). I'd also really like to make 3-4 mini-trees with pixels. So it sounds like I can put an E682 controller first, then daisy chain to the SS24? The E682 page says Renard support coming soon so do you instead output DMX from the E682 and input it to the SS24?

Thanks,
Mike

Back