Running LOR thru a E-131 Bridge

oldandslow

I am having a problem when I turn on channel 1 in box 1 - 3 other boxes channel 1 comes on.

I am using Xlights to run the LOR boxes from a E-131 bridge and a patch cord purchased from HC.
the newer boxes with LED read out show their in d0001. The older ones with the dial I just left them the way they were in LOR.
Do I have to change the dial settings on the older boards?
Thanks
John

Sounds like you have too many boxes set at the same start channel. You have to set all the boxes to whatever start channel you want them to be. You could run all of them starting at any channel and they would all turn on at the same time.. or you could set them all different and they would be independent.. It's all in the set up

Sounds like you have too many boxes set at the same start channel. You have to set all the boxes to whatever start channel you want them to be. You could run all of them starting at any channel and they would all turn on at the same time.. or you could set them all different and they would be independent.. It's all in the set up

Thanks for the reply. Each box has it's own number 1 thru 12. some of the props work ok and others not at all. when I run a test thru LOR everybody works great. I run the test thru the USB dongle and all works perfect.
I was wondering if the old boxes need to turn a dial to a different settings. I am new to DMX and with the help from another member I got the DMX bridge working that I bought from you.
Thank you for your support
John

I do not know if this is your problem or not, but....
I think the dial sets the LOR unit number on the older boxes (in hex if I remember correctly and being in hex, it may not be obvious). On the newer boxes, you use the LOR utility to set the unit number. When you use a LOR box in DMX mode, the LOR unit number is translated to a DMX starting address. LOR provides a translation table in thier docs.
If you daisy chain LOR boxes in DMX mode, you must set the unit numbers to be different so they don't step on each other.

I can't attach it and don't know how to convert it to something I can attache but if you have access, check out this: Running-LOR-Controllers-in-a-DMX-Universe/.

My display has 3 LOR boxes. I set them each to unit 1 and hang each of them off a single E1.31 channel. It may be expensive in bridge resources but it makes channel mapping easier.

Back