Schedule Error: Object reference not set to instance object

Michael

When running my program I keep getting this error

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I then have to click <OK> to clear the msgbox, then <STOP>
[Program] [Restart Current Timers]

and the program will run for some random time 3-20 minutes, normally about 5.

Renard plugin, no preview, latest version of vixen (2.4.0.1 I think)

I have rebooted often, no help
WinXP Home
CPU 25-35%

Suggestions?

try 'use program plugin's' see if that helps

set them up first though, in the programs window.

I have this same problem. I have tried all the plug-in options with and w/out preview. It doesn't do it on my laptop that I use for creating the sequences.

I haven't seen this, but I'd love to deal it a quick death. Would you want to send the sequences and program in question? (Along with a note about what the problem is, I'm starting to lose track.)

I am having this same problem once or twice a night when using programs. I find that the program will run anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes without a problem and then cause the error.

Tonight I trialed just looping a single sequence and I didn't experience the error.

The difference with myself is I found I could not restart the timer or program without closing the Vixen executable and relaunching it first.

Another error I sometimes get is that the object is 'null' however that has occured just once unlike this one.

KC I think I have found the problem sequece. I created a new blank sequence w/ the same music and copy and pasted the whole thing over. Saved it and now I don't get the error. Here is the old sequence to look at. Do you need the profile also?

Attachments

• jingle_bell_rock_new_809.vix
    308 KB · Views: 25
KC I know your very busy. I was wondering if you were able to recreate the problem and if so what caused it? Ever since I did what I said in the last post everything is working great.

Brian I think our issues are different. I didn't have hold port open checked before or now and I'm not having any problems now that I resequenced that particular song. I used the same profile as before just a new sequence file. Actully holding the port open caused errors that the port was in use.

Did this issue ever get resolved? I am having the same problem with one system. Must have "leave port open" un-checked or crashes with port error. Get this object error on occasion (sometimes it runs for hours with no crash - other times it will crash in less than one hour). After clicking OK it continues - but what if I am not home to do that?

Back