Securing North Poles

Glycerine

For those of you with North Poles, would you mind sharing your "mounting" solution? Like, how are you securing them to the ground?

My thought is to mount a smaller pipe inside the larger main PVC pipe, hammering rebar into the ground, then just sliding the North Poles onto the rebar.

But I'm wondering if there might be a way that would allow for slight angle adjustments to get them "perfectly" vertical. Do you just eyeball it?

Thanks!

I use a level when driving the mounting pole (foundation stakes) in to the ground. These stakes have a pretty thick diameter and keeps the Pole vertical. I also drilled a hole and welded a 1/4-20 nut near the bottom of the EMT. Put a 1/4-20 thumb screw in the nut to keep them from twisting.

I use a level when driving the mounting pole (foundation stakes) in to the ground. These stakes have a pretty thick diameter and keeps the Pole vertical. I also drilled a hole and welded a 1/4-20 nut near the bottom of the EMT. Put a 1/4-20 thumb screw in the nut to keep them from twisting.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks. I like the nut idea. How do you have the EMT attached to the north pole? Is it centered using spacers or did you attach it to one side of the inside of the pole?

Back