Segment question?

BrianJ

Ok, so maybe it's my early onset dementia or I might have done something wrong, but when I was first using segments I thought the effects that were placed on the segment channels showed up on grid when the actual channels were displayed. And likewise if you sequenced into the grid when you changed groups to the segment channels there was effect markers on the segment channels so you could see where you had already placed effects. I would just run the sequence through my hardware to make sure it is turning out the way I want but my hardware isn't all connected now (lights all hung but controller not installed yet) It makes it hard to get the effects lined up properly this way as I need to keep switching groups back and forth to check timings.
The question is, Did the way segment effects are displayed on the individual channels change?

Please check several of the other threads.

I stated that CTRL B - show actual segment channels - was removed weeks ago.

I used it for testing and thought it would be nice to share.

Wrong.

It was for viewing only and too many people were trying to make changes to the channels.

If you are using Segments - the effects you add are to all of the channels so viewing them makes no sense except to create confusion.

Joe

Joe, I don't mean to view at the same time but in a single sequence there are sections where the pixels are treated as segments and sections where I would like to sequence them individually or even to be applying effects to them as a group.
I understand that ctrlB was removed and don't mind that at all, I just need the option to work with the channels both as part of a segment and separately (in different work groups is fine)

OK, I now know where my trouble originates, but am not sure whether or not it is designed this way or a bug. Segment channels work perfectly in the sequence that they are built in but when you save a layout, they are only saved in the raw channel manager, and not in the manage segment channels section, so the association with the channels they are mapped to is gone. Can that association be saved as part of the layout? Going through and recreating all my segments is better than an hours work, which would be best used sequencing instead of setting up segments again and again.

As always, Thanks Joe

Back