Sequence Event Triggers Feature Idea

szaske

I'm not sure if this is doable in HLS or not. I've considered a few additions to my show this year, and one thing I was considering was having something akin to pressing a button start a sequence. So for example I could have a sign that lists out the songs, and someone could press a physical button for whatever song they wanted to hear. I don't believe this is possible today.

Another example would be Halloween. I'd like to have a spooky sequence kick off anytime someone opens the gate to my yard.

In both scenarios I'd want HLS to play a typical show schedule...and exit out of the sequence and play a 2nd sequence when the event (gate open or button press) occurs. I'd also want this to happen fairly instanteanously, so I think all sequences would need to be loaded in memory beforehand. After the 2nd sequence plays, I'd want to return to the 1st (background) sequence.

I understand I might be the only person requesting this feature, so if you think you'd use this feature, please reply to this thread as a way of helping Joe understand the interest.

-=Steve

I have not put that on my todo list because it looks like many folks that use HLS are NOT using HLS for their show but are using a raspberry-pi based board for that.

If there is truly a need for HLS's show process to do THAT -- I'll look into it -- but with a lot of users using something else for their show -- it's on hold.

Joe

Steve:

I'm considering developing an IPad/IPhone application that can be used to trigger operations on HLS's Player.

I would like to know how many people would use the HLS Player if remote triggered operations were available as I sense many are moving their sequence playing to RasiPi based applications.

If enough people are interested, I will look into having it available later this year.

Joe

Back