Setup problem

motoole

I'm setting up my megatree and running into problems. I've got a F48 controller driven by a raspberry pi. The tree is driven by a diff receiver using 2 ports. Total 700 pixels / port. I'm hooking up the tapes sequentially in test mode and the color is changing at 150 pixels. I'm guessing I've got a setup problem, but at a loss to know what I likely inadvertently changed. Any ideas?
Thanks, Michael

Sounds like only the test might be hard-wired to 150 pixels. Did you try it for real? Did you power inject?

in your F48 controller (i have several of these)
go to the OUTPUT SETTINGS ->> PORT CONFIGURATION (see attachment)
where you see PIXEL COUNT
change that to the 700 (or whatever your pixel count per port is) (see note)

after making your changes to the first port
click CLONE STRING
then select the number of ports (up to the maximum number on the controller) to copy the data from the first port to.

after the changes have been made and you are happy with what you see, click SAVE

note: MOST falcon controllers can handle 1024 pixels per port with little trouble
note: Consider dropping the brightness down to 20-30%. this will extend the life of your pixels as well as the PSU's. MOST pixels bought from our Chinese suppliers are VERY bright and do not need maximum brightness to be effective and well seen. (i run my whole display at 20% or less, i use fewer PSU's and my 8 year old pixels still look and perform like new)

hope this helps

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 05-07-32 v2.55.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 05-07-32 v2.55.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back