Snowflake Cutout size?

kychristmas

What size is a good size for Snowflakes. I want to animate them similar to Holdman's and others I have seen. They don't look that big, but I know that sometimes it can be deceiving when they are mounted 15 feet in the air.

I need to finalize my design for the CNC. My first DIYC project for the CNC will be to cutout many Snowflakes out of PVC Sheet (Trovicel, Sintra,Komatex,etc.) I want to make sure I build it big enough to handle these cutouts.

Any other input or advice on cutouts in general or Hobby CNC is also welcomed.

What size is a good size for Snowflakes. I want to animate them similar to Holdman's and others I have seen. They don't look that big, but I know that sometimes it can be deceiving when they are mounted 15 feet in the air.

I need to finalize my design for the CNC. My first DIYC project for the CNC will be to cutout many Snowflakes out of PVC Sheet (Trovicel, Sintra,Komatex,etc.) I want to make sure I build it big enough to handle these cutouts.
Any other input or advice on cutouts in general or Hobby CNC is also welcomed.

The only "big enough" CNC is the one that "JUST" fits in the garage (without all that extraneous stuff like mowers, cars, etc...)

I'm planning on modding a "Joe's 2006"...

:)

I would love a big one, but I am running out of space. I still haven't figured out where I will store the Mini trees and other non-collapsable display items.

I have been doing this long enough to know that the cost of Hobby CNC increases exponentially with those kinds of sizes. I made that mistake already and it forced me to stop my build a few years ago because I couldn't afford the Steppers or Power Supply. Right now, I want to focus on building the fastest version os the smallest size I require. I believe I'm going to build it with a 20x40 cutting size. It will have a 2' x 4' footprint.

Funny MPH, I had already saved your post about the snowflakes in my favorites. It was very similar to whaat I had in my head. Of course, I'm not looking to do RGB one's, but that would be cool.

btw, yours look great. How did you cut yours? CNC, manually?

Funny MPH, I had already saved your post about the snowflakes in my favorites. It was very similar to whaat I had in my head. Of course, I'm not looking to do RGB one's, but that would be cool.

btw, yours look great. How did you cut yours? CNC, manually?

CNC machine.

I think Holdmans are 24". I use 8 12" and 4 18" on mine and looks good. Next year I will do an all 12" and the original one I have.

Back