[SOLVED] Vixen x64

kwebdesigns

Some users have had problems getting Vixen to work in 64-bit versions of Windows. After working with K.C. the problem has been solved. The issue lies in Fmod and has been corrected.

To fix any issues on x64 operating systems: unarchive the attached files and copy into the Vixen directory. The included files work on 32-bit and 64-bit versions. I am sure they will be included in a future Vixen update, but until then the files are available here for download.

NOTE: This update is for Vixen 2.0+ only.

Attachments

• fmod.zip
    740.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I knew KC would get it done. I worked on him breifly until my "cough" trial "cough" of vista x64 died.

I tried the fix and it worked great using the adjustable preview plugin. Thanks to KC and yourself for getting this done. It will come in handy being able to use my Vista PC as a backup for my Halloween display, if necessary. Now, once wjohn finishes the Triks-C project, I may just run my Christmas show on one PC running Vista. :D
Thanks again to everyone involved, kudos for a job well done.

This is fantastic news.

hopefully KC will get this and the enttec open fix together into a new release and ill be able to use it for my show this year.

fingers crossed.

Ah... Im not having such luck! I copied it in and got

Method not found: 'Int32 FMOD.fmod.get_DeviceAssigned()'.

at Vixen.Engine5..ctor(Host host, Form nullableKeyInterceptor, PlugInRouternullableRouter)
at Vixen.Form1..ctor(String[] args)
at Vixen.Program.Main(String[] args)

Ah... Im not having such luck! I copied it in and got

Method not found: 'Int32 FMOD.fmod.get_DeviceAssigned()'.

at Vixen.Engine5..ctor(Host host, Form nullableKeyInterceptor, PlugInRouternullableRouter)
at Vixen.Form1..ctor(String[] args)
at Vixen.Program.Main(String[] args)

That looks like it error is coming from a plugin. What plugins are you running? I cannot find a get_DeviceAssigned() function anywhere in the code. I wonder if something was lost in the conversion. Either way I can help you solve this.

NOTE: This plugin is for Vixen 2.0+. If you have 1.0 it will not work.

Im trying to install version 1.1 because the file for 2.0 I found was just an update, and it will not launch... Is there a full release version of 2.0 available out there?

Nvm... think I got it figured out... will attempt to get it working when I get back from school tonight... thanks again for releasing this!

Yea I got em thanks. The update file did not work but the full release did. Wasnt on there last time I checked. Looks to be working now though. Thanks!

Tried audio visualizer... got this

System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
at FMOD.Sound.FMOD_Sound_GetFormat(IntPtr sound, SOUND_TYPE& type, SOUND_FORMAT& format, Int32& channels, Int32& bits)
at StandardSequence.StandardSequence.ParseAudioWaveform()
at StandardSequence.StandardSequence.toolStripButtonWaveform_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I updated the files in my first post. The visualizer is working; however, the waveform and frequency spectrum still are not. For some reason they do not display the actual error that occurs so I'm going to have to get some more code from KC. I'll post the latest fix whenever I come up with it. Thanks for letting me know about this bug.

If I try to run the, with your mod modded, version of Vixen, I receive this Error-Message (german):

---------------------------

I'm sorry, but Vixen is about to die. Please take a screenshot of this message.

Methode nicht gefunden: Int32 FMOD.fmod.get_DeviceAssigned().

bei Vixen.Engine5..ctor(Host host, Form nullableKeyInterceptor, PlugInRouter nullableRouter)

bei Vixen.Form1..ctor(String[] args)

bei Vixen.Program.Main(String[] args)
OK

I hope, you can help me :-(

My System is Windows Vista ultimate x64

Back