Sort Order

jcmarksafb

Hi Joe; Just got back to HLS after building props. I need to add my fans to a sequence. I go to manage raw channels, add the channels (in this case 175 channels). I already have 225 channels for my existing fans numbered Lightsticks 1, 1 thru 25 Lightsticks 2, 1 thru 25 etc up to Lightstick 9, 1 thru 25. I want to add 7 more Lightsticked numbered Lightsticks 10, 1 thru 25 up to Lightsticks 16, 1 thru 25. I reorder the first 9 Lightsticks starting from order number 5000 to 5224, and my new Lightsticks from 5225 to the end of my lightsticks. All is well but when I "refresh after order change" it doesn't sort the order. The original lightsticks stay where they are and the new lightsticks stay where they were created. I need them to be in order so I can rename them. Hope this made sense. I've been away for 2 months and am more than likely doing something wrong.
Thanks
John
just another note, it renumbers the order just fine, but will not put all of the renumbered ordered channels together. The oredr numbers are well out of range of all other channels.

Last edited:
John:

Why are you trying to reorder?

If you have added the new channels -- they will be in sequential order.

When you go to OUTPUT -- config --- you can then order them in the proper sequence for your controller.

Does that make sense?

Joe

I had 9 lightsticks already in the sequence and wanted to add 23 more and wanted to rename them Lightstick 10 thru 32 is the only reason. Guess I could just delete the first 9 and add all the channels all at once, but that will take out the programming for the first 9.

Order has nothing to do with renaming.

In Raw Channels --- block select a group to be a LightStick and name it --- the wizard will allow you to number them within the name.

You will have to do that for each of your lightstick groups.

Joe

Back