SSR behaving oddly.

RyanB

So I have 16 plugs,Controllerpic.jpg so 2 rows of 8 all double plugs. The top 8 are 1-8 and bottom 9-16 so plugs 13-16 aren't working. I'm not sure it's the relay entirely because the relay lights up for the above 4 (5-8) so every other light on relay is on. Anyone have any clues as to what can be going on? Also a brief description of what the SSR's LED lights looks like on the back: so when they receive power the red led comes on, well since each block of 8 has it's own SSR on the second set, plugs (5-8) & (13-16), every other light is lit on the back because of the way it is wired in succession.

It would really help us to know the type of Controller and SSR's you are using..........

It would really help us to know the type of Controller and SSR's you are using..........

Generic serial controller for just some led strings, and the SSR's are KNACRO 8 Channel high-Level Solid State Relay modules Blue Board DC 12V Solid State relays 240V AC 2A Output with resistive Fuse 240V 2A 50HZ 60Hz high-Level Trigger.

What I have seen in this situation in the past is that the power supply going to the SSR board is not supplying enough current. So there is enough to power on the low-numbered SSR's, but the high-numbered SSR's won't work. The solution is to operate the board within the proper current/voltage specs (which if you're running 5V SSR's with a 3V controller board, commonly we are not). Also, in this situation, the little LED lights for the non-functioning relays will work fine--deceptively so.

Back