SSRneon mounting in Ta-200 help

I ended up using tjetzer's method for removing them with a heat gun. After I heated up the studs for about 25-30 seconds, I used a wrench to pull them out. The studs came out very cleanly. Here is what the TA-200 looked like before I mounted the SSRneon:

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

Here is after I mounted the SSRneon. It turned out very nice.

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

Thanks for all your input! I couldn't have solved this without you guys. :thup2:

Glad to see you didn't try cutting as some people suggested. Hot air works in a fraction of the time. I bet you could even do this by heating up the stud with a soldering iron if you had to.

Using hot air and pulling straight out makes it possible to put the studs back in if you need to.

Have you tried this before tjetzer? I want to make sure this will work, as I only bought as many TA-200's as I needed, and won't have much time to buy more if some get broken.

A big thank you to all of you who replied. I really appreciate it! :biggrin:

Yes I have.

I know this is an old thread but i just wanted and what i did may already be out there (and as i now see that Big Chuck mentioned). I got the TA-200 for some pixel extenders and had the same issue today with the bosses. i turned up the soldering iron and used that to heat up the stud/boss and in a couple of second it was loose enough to just pull out. I didn't want to use a heat gun in case it deformed the rest of the case.

Back