String of 5 Pathway Candy Canes Lighted - Not Working

in2tech

So every year I bought several boxes of these when they went on after Christmas sale at Walgreens. Unfortunately they don't have them this year. Been buying 8 - 10 boxes each year, to go around the front yard.

They started going out last year, and opened up a brand new box I bought last year and none of the candy canes light up. I have one of those tools that beeps when it senses voltage, and after checking and replacing the fuses, nothing was wrong with them, was just hoping. None of the five light up, and there are so many wires that it is confusing me. I even took the lights out of one tube of the cane, and still can't figure it out?

Any ideas or help appreciated with trying to figure this out. Maybe I am using the tool incorrect? They are clear bulbs and thought got sure I might see a black spot where a bulb burned out, but it's a no go so far. Next thing to do is remove all of the string of bulbs from the plastic cane to check them. I did get rid of about 5 sets last year that had half working and half of the lights not. Just got frustrated, and since I had bought extra on sale, I figured what the heck. What I did not expect is Walgreens not selling them this year.

Thanks,

Hope we figure this out!

Also, have a string of LED lights that go in the bushes and same problem, I can't find the BAD bulb, or bulbs.

A frustrated mini Clark Griswold :) Aren't we all like him in some way, small or large? BTW, already watched it 3 times this year.

Oh well can't leave a link or upload a photo!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

I have really bad luck trying to find the bad bulb(s) on strings that go out. I like the ones that just the bulb burns out. Those I can handle. When the string is out and all the bulbs appear to be good, it is heck finding the bad ones.

This is a set of connected lighted candy canes that have several canes all using one power plug? Is there a controller involved or are they steady on lights?

There is no controller, just the plug to the outlet! Fuses are good in the plug.

Back