stuck building waveform - v3.8 build 1045

jrobles

Hi, I just downloaded the latest version of vixen and am having issues importing any audio. When I associate audio the waveform / audio pane gets stuck with "Building waveform..." I've waited over 10 minutes and nothing happens. Based on the audio menu options it seems the audio is associated but I am unable to see any waveforms. Screenshot attached.

vixen-audio-issue.jpg

Do you have an audio output device on your computer (speakers/headphones/bluetooth earbuds etc)? I have had issues when all of my audio output devices were unplugged (red x on speaker in the windows bar).

Do you have an audio output device on your computer (speakers/headphones/bluetooth earbuds etc)? I have had issues when all of my audio output devices were unplugged (red x on speaker in the windows bar).

That was it!! Thank you sooo much - I was in full panic mode :)

Even though you're fixed for the moment, it would be helpful to us if you file a bug ticket on bugs.vixenlights.com. We made some changes to the audio engine this year and this sounds like a good example of a situation that needs to be handled gracefully with a warning box rather than a crash.

Back