Substitute Zener Diodes for Ren-C

scootchu

I have a Ren-C that is missing the two Zener Diodes and I would like to complete it.
They are:
a 4.3V, 0.5W
and
a
9.1V, 0.5W

Are the values critical on these or can they be ballparked with a Radio Shack part?
I only ask because ordering two diodes through Digikey or the like is kinda silly.

RS typically doesn't carry those zeners. PM your address to me and I'll send you a couple of each. They're something like 3 cents each...

-dave

RS typically doesn't carry *#(&^*%&*#$%@.

dirk, oldcqr, & I are some of the few who remember when RS actually carried parts other than cellphones... :rolleyes:

{/disgusted rant} :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:)

Even funnier is when you ask the young guy running the place if they have zener diodes! Uhhh - - is that a new Samsung phone? :rolleyes:

dirk, oldcqr, & I are some of the few who remember when RS actually carried parts other than cellphones... :rolleyes:

I too remember when RS was the place to go for just about any common electronic part..... they carried open stock resistors, transistors, caps, etc., (half the store was parts) and everyone knew where stuff was. My nearest RS has one old dude (I should talk :shock:) who still knows about that stuff, and what they carry (which as noted, isn't much any more) :rolleyes:

Nod to that. Parts used to be the entire back of the store. Now it's barely a set of drawers.

Online typically has more than the stores. If you go to the store and they don't have a part (but you have the RS SKU from the on-line), they will gladly order it for you and ship it to your house free. I had to do that a couple of months ago with some $3 audio transformers. I'll bet the shipping cost more than what they made on the sale.

I too remember when RS was the place to go for just about any common electronic part..... they carried open stock resistors, transistors, caps, etc., (half the store was parts) and everyone knew where stuff was. My nearest RS has one old dude (I should talk :shock:) who still knows about that stuff, and what they carry (which as noted, isn't much any more) :rolleyes:

ShadioORack only sells a 5.1Volt zener diode nowdays !!!!!

we have a store called U-Do-It Electronics in Needham Mass. there like the old Radio Shack only 6 times bigger. bins upon bins of parts. they carry everything for the RenSS board and for about the same price as mouser

Some of us are just lucky i guess:)

Wow you are quite lucky to have an electronics store that sells parts and not just cell phones and Tv's

Back