Suspected Memory Bug with External Pixel Plane Effects

szaske

Hey Joe: I created a Pixel Plane effect that, when convert, was 36MB in size. When I placed it on my matrix it was all screwed up. I suspected a memory bug, so I cut the number of frame in the sequence in half and re-created the external effect...and when I did that, the effect worked correctly. I'd attach the file, but for some reason DIYC is not letting me attach the zip.

I'm sure I'm hitting some unknown limit somewhere.

-=Steve

HLS was not designed to take massive size NC effects.

Several people have attempted to take complete NC sequences and load them into HLS --- it was not designed for that.

It sounds like you are attempting the same thing.

This is not a bug --- just a user trying to do something outside of design parameters.

If a user is going to design total sequences in NC --- then they should stay in NC as there is little reason to bring it into HLS.

Joe

Last edited:
Currently HLS limits a NC effect to 2MG file size.

I'm not sure if that is too small so feedback is welcomed.

Joe

The next release (Version 23J) --- I've opened up NC effect sizes to 20Meg --- and I check the file size now before I accept the effect.

Thanks.

Joe

I have no personal feeling on how big NC files can get that should be importable into HLS.

I raised to bar to 20meg.

I can make that larger but I need some feedback as to NC file sizes verses the type of NC effect being used.

Please bear in mind -- I do not want to support a single NC effect that is the complete sequence --- to me --- that's just crazy.

So --- please provide NC sizes over 20meg and what type of NC effect it is.

When I get a feeling for what is needed I will implement it.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Joe

I was wrong at what I was doing.

The 2meg was a single channel buffer.

The next release will NOT be 20meg -- but 8meg.

Joe

Back