Sweet Mother

davdue

My light show for this year has been put on hold. I normally spend thanksgiving week putting up lights. I spent last week sitting with my mom and dad. After a 2 year decline due to Alzheimer’s my mom went home to Jesus on Monday afternoon. It’s a blessing but will always miss her until I see her again in heaven.

http://www.bakerfhvc.com/obituary/roberta-bert-duerksen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry for your loss. There is never a good time, but during the Holidays is an even worse time to lose a loved one. My wife was just told a couple of days ago that her mother may have only a week or two to live, almost the exact same scenario as your Mom, slow decline due to dementia. Again, so sorry.

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss. There is never a good time, but during the Holidays is an even worse time to lose a loved one.

I agree. She lived Christmas lights and coming by to see the show over and over again. I will have to get it finished for her after the services are over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear this news, Dave. Blessings to you all, and of course, bless the rich memories you have of her. And remember His promise: "I am with you even until the end."

Back