The 3 Axis Skull is getting started!!!

Hi guys, this is Nelson from MonkeyBasic. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the offer. I just d/l the trial and now, before I use it, I need to find a joystick. >insert embarrassed smile here< OK, so I'm not a gamer I'm a "tinkerer". Hence I need to find something that feels right/works for me. So, in the meantime I'm just running/playing with VSA to get a feel for it. There must be some kind of magic "ah ha" moment when the "I get it" comes about because this software sure feels strange to me. (It was easier to learn C than this!) Thanks again.
Sparkey

Any cheap USB joystick will do. Some people like the Logitech Extreme 3D because the 3rd axis is the twisting action of the joystick instead of the throttle.

Cable length = 90'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nc4S9QmQbw&layer_token=fd076355cb45126f

I tested out a cable length of 90' using 22AWG stranded (just the jaw servo for the test) and everything worked fine.

The reason for this test is I plan on using a central control station and running various props and effects from this one location. Kind of like the star topology in networking. Just letting you all know that the SSC32 can work on a wire that long.

Good luck with your projects,
Sparkey

Thanks!
The wife saw this as the 'finished demo' then turned, looked me right in the eyes and said: "So you ARE making the backup singers - Right." hehehehehe What a way to get the ok from the finance department!

Thanks!
The wife saw this as the 'finished demo' then turned, looked me right in the eyes and said: "So you ARE making the backup singers - Right." hehehehehe What a way to get the ok from the finance department!

Ha ha ha !!

That's exactly how it works. Give them enough that they can start to see what's going on and they will jump in. It was the same with my wife and blinky/flashy. She was a little concerned and thinking that I was crazy at first. Then when see saw the first song completely done on the previewer, she got a little more excited. Then after the first year, she was all in and thinking of new songs to sequence to. It's always nice to have the finance department backing you up.

Actually, my next step was to start doing some 3 axis skulls for Halloween as well. I was waiting for the Ren Servo controller to get finished up, but that's been postponed indefinitely. I really loved the idea of a Ren controller because I could just put it inline with the rest of my stuff without having to build a different control setup just for the skulls.

Last edited:
I just jumped on the bandwagon and used the SSC-32 Servo Controller (http://www.lynxmotion.com/Product.aspx?productID=395&CategoryID=52). The nice thing about it is, being serial, I can run this (up to 32 devices) and my Grinch or Kit-74 at the same time. I'm thinking of using my old Kit-74 for "Show Lights" during the Halloween program so I can keep my controllers separate. I like to build modular so setup and tear down and storage are all easy. I'm starting to re-build my C3 (Christmas Command Center). I'm upgrading to 2 Grinch controllers for sure and possibly 2 Ren64-XCs also, for Christmas. Everyone needs a hobby and I've been hooked!

The 3 Axis Skull is Aliveeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Cool news for those of you who have an IPhone. Get the new HELMSMAN from MonkeyBasic. He's got it so you can start your routines by IPhone remotely if you want. I've just got Helmsman figured out to run my routines and audio files. I plan on using it for sequencing.
Best of luck to all!!

Back