The most amazing thing I have seen, the Pi Player from Dave Pitts

If streaming video u mean live video and send it to your tree, no.

If u have mp4 video files, u can seqyence the video to a mp3 song. Use power director or any other video editing software. Now use that mp4 as your audio source for your light sequence. Video and lights will be kept in synch during llayback.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

If u have mp4 video files, u can seqyence the video to a mp3 song. Use power director or any other video editing software. Now use that mp4 as your audio source for your light sequence. Video and lights will be kept in synch during llayback.

Sean Thanks for that explanation. Sounds dumb but I am trying to use video this year with a projector and have been trying to figure how the video/audio/sequence would work together. So basically replace an MP3 file with MP4 which has the video and you got it? :thup2:

Yep.

Suppose I take a Wizards of Winter mp3 and drop it into a video editor. I now create video effects, movie clips, .etc. onto the video track. When i play this movie I will see my video with the wizards in winter as the sound track.

Save this as a mp4 file and copy it to the pi player.

Now i go into Nutcracker. I create a sequence to the same mp3 file. My 8,000 lights are now dancing to the music. I save this as a xseq file. I run CONVERT and also make a fseq file

I transfer the fseq file over to the pi player.

Now i have two files, say they are
wizards.mp4
wizards.fseq

You can play them together. E1.31 (or USB Renard, DMX) will be coming out to control the lights. Video will be coming out the hdmi port and/or the composite video port.

Connect a projector to the hdmi port and you will have video playing and your lights blinking all synced to within 1 frame over the duration of the sequence.

This is what Capt Murdoch means by being able to play both video and light sequences

There is also the ability to have mnaster/slave pi players. So if i have 3 projectors, i use 3 pi players. All 3 videos and the lights are synced and i have whole house projection, music and lights.

this is why i have been excited for this next release of the pi player.

Yep.

Suppose I take a Wizards of Winter mp3 and drop it into a video editor. I now create video effects, movie clips, .etc. onto the video track. When i play this movie I will see my video with the wizards in winter as the sound track.

Now i go into Nutcracker. I create a sequence to the same mp3 file. My 8,000 lights are now dancing to the music. I save this as a xseq file. I run CONVERT and also make a fseq file

wizards.mp4
wizards.fseq

You can play them together. E1.31 (or USB Renard, DMX) will be coming out to control the lights. Video will be coming out the hdmi port and/or the composite video port.

Connect a projector to the hdmi port and you will have video playing and your lights blinking all synced to within 1 frame over the duration of the sequence.

This is what Capt Murdoch means by being able to play both video and light sequences

There is also the ability to have mnaster/slave pi players. So if i have 3 projectors, i use 3 pi players. All 3 videos and the lights are synced and i have whole house projection, music and lights.

And something minor to piggyback off of this. Say you have a video clip with audio already, you can pull the audio off as an MP3 and then do your sequencing as mention and work that direction.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yep.

wizards.mp4
wizards.fseq

Thanks a bunch Sean. I appreciate all the time and info you make available for everyone Sir!!!

Yep.

One minor correction on this. We do not yet have the ability to sync video between multiple Pi's, that hopefully will be out in the next few months if I can make omxplayer cooperate. The Master/Slave code was also held back from the v0.3.0 release which is currently available for beta testing. I did not want to hold up the release to finalize the Master/Slave sequence code even though I have demoed it working already. The Master/Slave code will become my top priority once we have the final v0.3.0 version out the door, so that I can have it baked and released sometime in June.

You guys just made my whole week!

I've been looking to sync video, audio, and light sequences. Can't afford the $5,000 price tag for just the software used in this show, http://eclecticprecision.com/#/holiday2013. (French TV stated that the show was "hundreds of thousands of euros". Hence I won't be copying it, either.)

Perhaps starting with a $45 player, and an older projector, I'll be able to add it to the show. :spox:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Drop the word dongle, Falcon PixelNet/DMX, although I think Renard support has been talked about as well but I will let David comment on that.

The FPD v1 has 3 RJ45 jacks and can output up to 8 PixelNet and 4 DMX universes OR 12 DMX universes. Each RJ45 has 4 pairs of wires for 4 universes of data.

Back