Timer control freezing Vixen after 2 hours

JUst noticed something on laptop that makes me think there might be a hardware bug...Does the software care about the hardware handshake pins on serial port? software was running on laptop while nothing plugged in, hotplugged the serial port to first Renard, the "router" error poped up...?

Renard doesn’t use handshaking though I believe a couple of status lines are set high for power stealing.

Renard only uses ground and transmit and blindly accepts what it sees without any acknowledgement

Im having a freezing issue as well. Not sure if it is timer related as I am not using them. But at different times Vixen just freezes with the hourglass showing and I have to close (kill task) and reopen it to fix.

Wombat

The new software had no effect on the problem I was experiencing.

Certain sequences would not control lights with a master profile. I had all plug-ins in each sequence disabled.

For trouble shooting, I created a program with only one of the errant sequences. The final solution was to use a profile in each sequence and the same profile as the master profile in the program.

Interestingly with one sequence with 64 channels, if only the master profile was used with 128 channels, I’d get and an error that said that the profile had more channels than the sequence. But I could run the sequence with same profile attached to it and it would play fine. I could then also use that same profile in a program and it would still play fine.

Usually when a program wouldn’t play, I couldn’t get out of the manager and would have to three finger the program to stop it.

This was all very frustrating, since I was trying to trouble shoot this while the display was supposed to be running and most of the time the lights were out. Fortunately, I now have something that does work so I have a show and can try any fixes at other times.

Hi Leon,

Does that fix also work for Enttec DMX control?

My timer seems to be locking up each night. Getting tired of baby sitting the computer

Thanks

Rick R.

Hmmmm. Not sure Rick. I have the LYNX Dongle with the same plug-in. Everything works great after KC's update.

Was a great relief to finally have a night where I didn't have to be somewhere close to the computer in case. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm. Not sure Rick. I have the LYNX Dongle with the same plug-in. Everything works great after KC's update.

Was a great relief to finally have a night where I didn't have to be somewhere close to the computer in case. :rolleyes:

uh, I met I use the Enttec plugin but I have the Lynx Dongle

Thanks for the info

Rick R.

Back