Tower of Power

toozie21

So this is something that I've had on my workbench for a while (this year), but is the lowest priority for me. It may or may not make it out this year (my guess is not), but either way I decided not to stress over it. (I've talked about it a bit in years past I think)

I was going to keep quiet on it, but I put it up on youtube so I could show some family I was visiting and figured I might as well say something.

This would be completely human powered and would be more of a learning prop. I put a crank on a small dynamo I bought, and run it through a bridge rectifier with a large cap to smooth things out. I have an analog voltmeter and ammeter hooked up for fun. I then have a boost/buck set ro put out 15V to power an LM3914; that chip is a bargraph display. Last the LM3914 drives some FETs to power the LEDs. The LEDs are powered off a buck converter I use to drop the voltage down for the LEDs. The LEDs are 10W RGBW types. I could lower the current some on them to give the user more lights to light up, but I haven't decided on it yet. Right now to power the 5th light (which is 2 LEDs on), it takes me spinning as fast as I can to produce 20V at 2A.

Here it is: https://youtu.be/D99P-QNF60I

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back