Transmitter inside of mega tree?

Glycerine

I don't know much about RF and interference, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be a good idea to have my radio transmitter directly under my mega tree, or really anywhere close to it, right? Location wise, it would be the ideal spot!

Just yesterday, the current in my AC power line caused all my lights to flicker wildly (they were getting data wirelessly on the 2.4G band). So it can happen. I would just verify your reception: a) with the tree off, b) with it all white, and c) with the most animated effect you can think of. And if your light controller is also under the tree, don't have it sending/receiving any data wirelessly--that's just asking for trouble.

I put one on the center pole at a Chick-Fil-A display that I did... didn't seem to have any issues.

Thanks. Was the antenna inside as well or at the top, outside of the LED strings?

Just yesterday, the current in my AC power line caused all my lights to flicker wildly (they were getting data wirelessly on the 2.4G band). So it can happen. I would just verify your reception: a) with the tree off, b) with it all white, and c) with the most animated effect you can think of. And if your light controller is also under the tree, don't have it sending/receiving any data wirelessly--that's just asking for trouble.

Ok, thanks. Everything is wired right now, as far as my controllers are concerned. I will play around with placement and test things when lights are on/off, etc.

Inside... since this was mostly for the drive-thru and parking lot area I was only using the antenna that came with the transmitter, not a diapole antenna.

Back