Tree Model Rotation setting

gatoruss

I looked thru the manual and have search online, but have not been able to find an explanation of the "Rotation" setting for the tree model.

I was viewing Keith Westley's youtube video "xLights Beginner Seminar Jan 2021 - Part 2", and in response to an apparent question, he states that the "Rotation" setting should be left alone. However, I thought his video showed that setting at "1," while mine appears to default to "3" -- see screen shot below.

What does that setting do, and what should it be set to "and then left alone"? :blink::sly:

Tree_model.png

It will rotate the tree. So if you have a 360 tree and you set it at 180 the start will show at the front of the tree instead of the back. Not sure why you would ever want the start in the front. I do not think there is any difference in setting it at 1 or 3

I would think that the rotation would allow you to change "show center" of the tree when displaying graphics regardless of how the tree is physically built. Not a tree but I have a sphere tree topper I built. Without a visual clue, it's hard to tell where the start and end pixels are because they are contained in the sphere. If it isn't aligned correctly, images and patterns might not face the audience. The rotation property would allow me to change show center on that prop without having to climb a ladder and physically rotate the item.

Back