Trigger Help

Tuckie

I've been (abit poorly) writing a trigger using the arduino as input. I'm sure its not following the standard norms and whatnot, I'm just trying to throw something together for halloween asap. the basic plan is to have a photo-resistor with a laser shining on it that acts as a trigger. I've got this successfully working, and calling a sequence, my problem is, how do I switch back to a different looping sequence?

I basically want the light setup to become scarier when kids walk up, and then revert back to the standard mode.

Can a trigger plugin get some form of 'status' from the program so that I know when one ends? Can I have some sort of other script that allows one to run in the background, without causing a port conflict?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm trying to figure out how to use Arduino to send a value through the USB that will trigger certain sequences.

In a roundabout way, yes, but I'm not sure how much of a programmer you are ;)

I gave up on vixen for running my shows, and now have a python script that parses the vix file and turns it into a sequence that I can combine with other sequences to create scenes. I then use my arduino as a trigger to fade between happy and scary scenes. The code is fairly rough around the edges, but it can run off of a raspberry pi.

I am a decent programmer, and I would love to run something off of my Raspberry Pi. So what you are talking about would be perfect! Would you mind sharing your code?

Back