TRIKs-C to E1.31 bridge

rbatch

Is it possibly to run TRIKs-C through the E1.31 bridge. If it is possible could you share how to set up the profile and the bridge.
Thanks..

It may be possible to communicate via E1.31 to the Triks-C but the LTC program assumes you are using a COM port so unless you have your own SW to drive it you would have no way to control it. With that said it probably wouldn't be too hard for about any SW guru to write up a new E1.31 version of it...

After reading Brian's post he is correct. You have to set up LTC.exe to be able to utilize the bridge output. Currently LTC only gives you the option for serial output. If someone could update LTC to give the option for the E1.31 bridge then Renard commands would drive the panel. Would appreciate if any could update LTC to give us that option.

Rodney

The only issue I see is that the bridge will output standard Renard (I have not looked at the TRIKS-C/PIX-C protocol to see if it is 100% Renard) but it will keep refreshing the last channel data sent. I am not sure how LTC deals with the refreshing but the last channel data sent to the bridge would be continuously sent to the TRIKS-C/PIX-C.

Now there are multiple Serial port emulators that transmit to TCP/IP hosts, It should not be too hard to add a dumb protocol bridge that just dumps all data sent to a port on the bridge to an output port unmodified. That would not require any changes to LTC and would not result in duplication. I have a PIX-C and panels in storage I never got around to building. I don't have time right now to work on it but might take a look at it in the future as I was wanting this ability for something else. (PTZ Camera controls. HAH!)

Turning a bridge port into a terminal server interface could be quite handy indeed...

Yeah, it's been on the todo list for a small project I wanted an RS485 PelcoD interface for. I will look into it someday when I have some down time.

Has anyone made a new LCT program that we can drive the Trick-C through the E1.31 bridge. I would be happy to setup to help trouble shoot.
Thanks

Back