Trying to add ALL LIGHTS ON to my show, about 30 minutes before the show starts

barnettd

Trying to add a program or sequence to my light show before it starts every night so everyone can see all the lights on about 30 minutes before the show.

Every time I try to get it to run, the ALL LIGHTS ON program runs but when the light show is supposed to start after the 30 minutes the computer locks up. Dont know if its the Com Port that is staying open and locking things up or if both programs are trying to use the comport at the same time and locking up the computer.

Using Vixen 2.1.1.0

I dont want to use the new program because I dont have time to learn it, plus I am pretty versed in Vixen 2.1 better than the others. I do not run pixels at all due to the cost.

I am just trying to make it so people driving by can see all the lights on before the show comes on at 5pm. So I want the ALL LIGHTS ON program to run from 4:30pm to 5pm.

Can anyone help me out here????

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Try running from 4:30 to 5 and have the show start at 5:01.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

From what I think I understand is one show is running at 5 and then another one wants to start at 5. Could be a conflict there since both are running at the same time.

I'm pretty sure in Vixen you can start and stop using seconds. I know you can in Vixen 3.

In my copy of Vixen 2.1.1.0 you can only start and stop on the half hour or hour :)30 or :00). I dont see an option to start and stop at any other times.

I want the ALL LIGHTS ON to run from 4:30 until 5:00, the have my show start at 5:00. Like I stated above, the only time options I get are either :30 or :00.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get BOTH to work together??

How long is your "All on" sequence? When doing things like this I usually make a sequence that is only about a second long. Run that once at 4:30. The lights should remain on the after the sequence stops but the sequence will stop. Then, at 5:00 you should be able to start your regular program and the com port should be free.

In my copy of Vixen 2.1.1.0 you can only start and stop on the half hour or hour :)30 or :00). I dont see an option to start and stop at any other times.

I want the ALL LIGHTS ON to run from 4:30 until 5:00, the have my show start at 5:00. Like I stated above, the only time options I get are either :30 or :00.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get BOTH to work together??
Try changing the :30. Click on it. Should work. I don't have version 2 but you should be able to change :00 to :01.

Tried making the regular show time 5:01pm and the first "ALL LIGHTS ON" start at 4:30pm running 1 minute and leaving it until 5:00pm.

Cannot seem to get it to work consistently. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. More so "doesnt work" than working. Dont know whats going on.

Any other suggestions???

I know most people are probably using 3.0 but I have consistently used 2.1.1.0 without issues until trying to add this "sequence/program" in front of my regular show. Other than that this program works flawlessly.....

Could it still be trying to run ALL LIGHTS ON when the show starts? Maybe a little longer delay. It had zero delay since ALL LIGHTS ON ended at 5:01.

Sent from S6 using Tapatalk

Hmm. You're adding a sequence before the regular program. Could it be that the added sequence needs to finish before it shuts down? Something like when you tell your show to go off at a certain time it won't go off because the sequence playing needs to finish. It just doesn't shut down in the middle of a sequence.

... and leaving it until 5:00pm...
Let me just clarify what I'm pretty sure we did in years past(we don't do it anymore).

You have an "All On" sequence that runs 1 minute long. The important thing is that the last cells are on. At 4:30 create a schedule to either a)Play that sequence once...no repeat. or b) Play a program that includes that sequence. Again, only play it once. No repeat. So, the schedule should be done by 4:31 and the com port should be freed up. The lights should remain in the last state until you send something else(in this case they should all remain on).
At 5:00, Create the schedule to run your normal program. It should have no problems running since the other schedule has been done for 29 minutes now.

By the quoted statement, it sounds like you might be repeating the All off sequence which shouldn't be necessary.

Also, if the lights don't stay on when you run the All On sequence, go to tools->preferences->sequence execution and uncheck "Reset Controllers at end of sequences". I forget what the default setting is.

Back