TuneCast II

I have a TunecastI which takes 2 AAA's. I was wanting to use a wall wart, but all I have is 5V. Is that too much?

Mine had the voltage writen near the power socket. Don't go over that amount. And make shure that wall wart is regulated; it should say.

I believe the the tunecast II has a voltage regulator so that the supply voltage can be quite a bit higher than expected. Last year I ran mine with a 6 volt power supply with no issues, probably not even regulated.

Bill

Edit: I did a search and found a few posts that the Belkin has a voltage regulator. The following is a snip from one of the posts:

"The DC input can be anywhere between 7 and 14 volts because it goes directly to a 5V regulator inside. Any kind of external regulation is not needed, so if operating from AC power A 9V 200ma unregulated wall transformer works best. Don't use one rated for12V because there is an increase in voltage when not fully loaded which might exceed the rating of the 5V regulator. For example an old cordless phone adaptor is usually 9V and would work perfectly with the proper end on it."

I haven't tried it yet but, I was planning on hooking mine up to the 12v on the computer PS and attaching it to the car adapter that came with the TuneCast.

Has anybody tried it this way?

I put a mini usb in mine so I can run off of usb cpu power. I will be making a tutorial tomorrow morning. I will add the link in the morning as well.

Back