UDP Output Module

Gorak

Disclaimer: This isn't a "standard" output module and using it will blow up all your LEDs and incandescent lights.

This is a generic UDP output module.

The output format is simple and separated by a period.
For example: Header.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.Footer
Use a split function or split string to separate the data anyway you want.

You can easily verify output using a free UDP monitor online such as Packet Sender or even an app on your mobile phone.
I've only tested the module on a Windows 10 64-bit PC and it currently works with Vixen 3.0 3.4u3.
Place UDPtaco.dll in: C:\Program Files\Vixen\Modules\Controller

Let me know how to improve it if you find any issues.
Happy Blinking :cool2:

Attachments

• UDPtaco.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi Gorak,

Thanks for sharing.

I have a question out of the topic.
I am a fresh programmer and would like to develop vixen module for trial, but i have no idea how to start. Do you have any advice.

Thank you.

Hi Gorak,

Thanks for sharing.

I have a question out of the topic.
I am a fresh programmer and would like to develop vixen module for trial, but i have no idea how to start. Do you have any advice.

Thank you.

The core of all modules are very similar and you can generally model a new one from an existing one that has similar functionality. Included modules are organized by functionality in the code so similar ones are grouped together. i.e all controllers are grouped together. So grab the code from git, get it building and try to familiarize yourself with it and then post questions here and someone will be happy to help.

The core of all modules are very similar and you can generally model a new one from an existing one that has similar functionality. Included modules are organized by functionality in the code so similar ones are grouped together. i.e all controllers are grouped together. So grab the code from git, get it building and try to familiarize yourself with it and then post questions here and someone will be happy to help.
Thanks Jeff.

I just import the latest dev build to visual studio and learning the code. It is impressed to me that you guys built a such huge project. Thanks Vixen team.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Any chance you could post the source to this, so that it can be recompiled against obsolescence ?
Extremely useful module , by the way.

Back