Under $Limit

P. Short

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about a section for low-budget animated lighting section? Or perhaps a yearly contest for low-budget props? Sort of like the yearly contest in hauntforum.com for Halloween props. It strikes me that the low-budget displays are scattered throughout the forum and may be hard to find.

Just a random thought...

I like the idea for both beginners and expert users alike. "Making more with less" is at the very core of what DIY is all about.

Like the idea there's a lot of talent and ideas on this forum.
there's always more than one way to skin a cat!

I agree! This would make a great addition. This is why I looked for DIY controller ideas years ago!

I have watched the Hauntforum contests very closely in years past. I would welcome such a contest here at DIYC. Lets get some input on how to run it.

I have watched the Hauntforum contests very closely in years past. I would welcome such a contest here at DIYC. Lets get some input on how to run it.
Could you give us a overview of what they do? And as a person with some input, what do you like about it and don't like about it (the way the haunt forum does it)?

Last year I had 23 blow olds in my display but only paid for 3 my nativity. All the rest I picked up free at yard sales for a dollar or at the curb waiting to get picked up by the trash man. Does this qualify as low budget? Lol

I like the hauntforum $25 prop challenge too and would love to see something like that here.

I am always impressed with the amount of creativity some people possess. In fact some of my best ideas come from other peoples ideas. lol.

Could you give us a overview of what they do? And as a person with some input, what do you like about it and don't like about it (the way the haunt forum does it)?

You can see the posts and most of the pictures on the forum without registering.

http://www.hauntforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Last edited:
Basically you get a low monetary budget and have to create an original prop within that budget. I can not think of anything I dislike about the way haunt forum runs the contest, or used to anyway. I have not followed haunt forum for a few years now as my time is so limited these days.

This is an excellent thread for promoting DIY props and creativity .
A real good random thought Phil .

Back