USPS Flat Rate box prices went up again today

Getting a little crazy. USPS provides poorer and poorer service, but they get to keep raising rates.

Absolutely!! I'm still waiting on a package from dirk saying it will be delivered oct of 2016! Ridiculous! Of course Dave went above and beyond and resent the package.

USPS new motto:

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.
We have a pretty good chance of getting it there but it will cost you more than it did last week for our inconsistent service.

Yeah, they are ridiculous. At least you are not waiting on a package that they said WAS delivered on Oct 2016... Just one story about deplorable service: they delivered a package to my son's apartment, putting in a lock box they KNEW had been compromised. When the package was stolen, we couldn't even begin to file a claim for loss because "it had been delivered to a secure location".

In recent months I have actually found it cheaper - most of the time - to pay priority by weight. It's cheaper than flat rate. I just have to find my own box.

I do somewhat sympathize with their plight: by law, they HAVE to deliver to anyone in the US (or with a US PO), even if it is non-profitable. 3rd parties come along - UPS, Fedex, etc. - and carve out the profitable segments and leave only the unprofitable for USPS. So, they raise rates to try to compensate, but that just causes the creation of a different profitable segment that gets carved off by somebody else. Rinse and repeat ==> death spiral. Of course, this does NOT excuse the deplorable delivery times and lack of delivery. But this is one case where I could almost see some form of governmental protectionism - by law they cannot compete on a level playing field. So make the other delivery companies assume the same requirements.

I'm sure someone will find a reason why that can't work, but the point remains, the USPS is playing a game that it cannot win.

Jimboha

small $7.15
medium $13.60
large $18.85

This actually happened on 1/22 and only affects you when you purchase online from USPS or at a Post Office.

In the 1.5 years of using USPS Flat Rate for shipping power supply orders I've had zero issues including flat rate international to Canada (knock on wood)

I prefer not to order anything from anyone in California that delivers only by USPS. I will actually pay MORE for the same product if delivered from ANYWHERE else or to ship UPS or FedEx because USPS can not possibly deliver any package of any size of any value from California to me here in Wisconsin in less than a FULL WEEK. Period. When I look for stuff on ebay, especially if its china stuff, I look specifically for vendors NOT showing product location in California.

In the past 5 years not one, repeat, not one package has been delivered in less than a full week from anyone in California. Most of them require 10 days. I can order something from New York or Miami or New Jersey or Washington state and get it in 2-3 days, sometimes 4 depends. But California, 7-10 days absolutely guaranteed. UPS, they can ship it in 2-3 days from California. FedEx can ship it 2-3 days from California. USPS simply puts it on a pack mule instead of an airplane or semi.

This actually happened on 1/22 and only affects you when you purchase online from USPS or at a Post Office.

In the 1.5 years of using USPS Flat Rate for shipping power supply orders I've had zero issues including flat rate international to Canada (knock on wood)

Is there another way to purchase? Where would that be?

Is there another way to purchase? Where would that be?
When I ship via eBay it's discounted and doesn't appear to have changed. Also if you use Stamps.com or and of the other postage providers their rates are discounted as well

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We have had TERRIBLE issues with out courier lately. They have mis-delivered the last 2 packages we have had sent to us. I know the local post office supervisor by name and the sda part is I have asked if there is anything we can do to avoid having our packages sent to the wrong house and he basically said its the couriers fault and we have to deal with it.

Such BS.

We have had TERRIBLE issues with out courier lately. They have mis-delivered the last 2 packages we have had sent to us. I know the local post office supervisor by name and the sda part is I have asked if there is anything we can do to avoid having our packages sent to the wrong house and he basically said its the couriers fault and we have to deal with it.

Such BS.

We have new acquaintances courtesy of the USPS. There is a home on the opposite end of town with the same house number (I'm sure this isn't the only case) that gets our mail and we their's. We exchanged emails to notify each other when we need to exchange deliveries. The basic job function is matching (number + street) to (number + street), but that appears to be to difficult. Square peg, round hole LOL.

My last 2 packages were each 2 days late. I don't care for USPS. They are slow, unreliable and I can't see how they can justify a price increase for lousy service.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Back