V3 Lipsync matrix drawing....

jchuchla

Supporting Member
Is anyone currently using the manual drawing tools in the Vixen 3 LipSync matrix map setup? This is where you would draw your own faces onto a grid by clicking grid boxes

On a related note. People have pointed us toward a 3rd party low res drawing tool that's used for making low res animated characters. Can anyone refresh our memory what the name of that application is.

Is anyone currently using the manual drawing tools in the Vixen 3 LipSync matrix map setup? This is where you would draw your own faces onto a grid by clicking grid boxes
I haven’t yet but it’s definitely something I intend to start for 2018. Hoping to see the development continue - especially with “lip sync Ed B” back on the scene :biggrin:

On a related note. People have pointed us toward a 3rd party low res drawing tool that's used for making low res animated characters. Can anyone refresh our memory what the name of that application is.
Just a wild guess here, but was it PISKEL?
https://www.piskelapp.com/

Last edited:
I can't speak for everyone, but probably am to some extent:

WELCOME BACK ED!

What can I do to help?

(And yes, "lip sync Ed B" seems appropriate! :) )

I'm back to singing faces again this year and have worked with Vixen 2 with Ed's original work. I'd be happy to help with any future work if I can be of use.

Cheers Kev

I know that this is an older thread, but I'd like to show you WHY I'm excited about any changes in Vixen Preview when it comes to singing faces.
The attached is just the "main show", there are 12 more spread around the grounds that will sometimes duplicate, and sometimes be on their own.

I ask again, "what can I do to help"? :)

2018 New LWW Layout.jpg

I found it easy to take a basic shape like a snowman face and insert each of the lips drawings and save each one as the lips name. I use a very old version of Photoshop 6. (it actually works on Win 11). I then resize to very small files to match the grid. I load them into Vixen and use image mapping in the lip sync tool. Works well on trees and matrix props. Put an Elvis wig on my snowman faces and had it singing here comes Santa Claus last year.

Back