Velleman K8062 Output Plugin Ready for Test!

TheRealAndroid

I have finally cracked the Rosetta stone and have created an Output Plugin for the popular Velleman K8062 USB controlled DMX Interface.

Anyone who wishes to test it may, but I still have a few questions about how Vixen handles some things. For example, if I say I have 10 channels and they start at address 90, does Vixen send an eventValues array of 10 long or 100? The documentation (sparse as it is) says nothing on this.

To use, unzip the attached file to your Vixen Ouput Plugins directory. It should create a file named K8062Output.dll there.

Then, follow these steps:
Put the Velleman supplied CD (the little green one) into your CD/DVD reader
Navigate to the SDK
cd <your CD Drive Letter>\K8062 - VM116 DMX light controller\SDK tools\VB.NET\system32
Once there, copy
FASTTime32.dll
K8062D.dll
K8062e.exe

to your \WINDOWS\System32 directory. Velleman has some hard coded (apparently) paths in their dll which requires these three files be in the system32 subdirectory. It will not work otherwise.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks.

This is awesome.
We have had no help with the Velleman for a really long time.
Thank you... You Rock! I mean really Rock!

Anyone who wishes to test it may, but I still have a few questions about how Vixen handles some things. For example, if I say I have 10 channels and they start at address 90, does Vixen send an eventValues array of 10 long or 100? The documentation (sparse as it is) says nothing on this.

I believe that it just passes on 10 values I think.

Also did you try regsvr32 on the dlls... not that your solution isn't good enough.

Tony M.

If it is sending DMX, then it is sending out a packet that has a data portion that is 100 long. DMX addersses positionally so all DMX receivers count the bytes in the packet and read the one corrosponding to their address while ignoring the rest. In other words, the data portion of the packet will be as long as the highest address you assign a device to so if you have 1 DMX device with an address of 1 then the data portion of the packet will be 1 byte and if that single DMX device is addressed to 512 then the data portion of the packet will be 512 bytes long.

I was able to get the K8032 to work with Vixen version 2.1 but when I installed 2.5 and copied the file into the 2.5 plugin directory, nothing works.

Just getting started with this project, but surprise at my success so far.
The 8062Output does not appear in the Add In's available.

any suggestions.

AgingBeaver

I was able to get the K8032 to work with Vixen version 2.1 but when I installed 2.5 and copied the file into the 2.5 plugin directory, nothing works.

Just getting started with this project, but surprise at my success so far.
The 8062Output does not appear in the Add In's available.

any suggestions.

AgingBeaver

Forget about 2.5. It never got out of beta and is laden with problems that will never be fixed.

To use, unzip the attached file to your Vixen Ouput Plugins directory. It should create a file named K8062Output.dll there.

Then, follow these steps:
Put the Velleman supplied CD (the little green one) into your CD/DVD reader
Navigate to the SDK
cd <your CD Drive Letter>\K8062 - VM116 DMX light controller\SDK tools\VB.NET\system32
Once there, copy
FASTTime32.dll
K8062D.dll
K8062e.exe

to your \WINDOWS\System32 directory. Velleman has some hard coded (apparently) paths in their dll which requires these three files be in the system32 subdirectory. It will not work otherwise.

Attachments

• K8062Output.dll.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Hi The Real Android, Trying to download the link and it does not work. I am trying to get the Velleman K8062D to work as a USB output device on Q Light Controller and hoped that this might work. Could you please repost the link or email me the file. Thanks in advance,

Back