Very Helpful Video

Santacarl

Hi all,

Now that the display is up and running I've been playing with the PP editor again.

Joe did a very good video "HLS PixelPlane Editor Generate Matrix Text" that was very helpful in learning how to do text. It uses a horizontal matrix....

I am still struggling with text in my MT setup however....

I know that when you 'play animation' HLS starts at the 9 O'clock position on a MT setup. But is that the first or last string? I assume it's the last since the only way I can get the play to show text is to hit "Inject at string position" and enter my last string (#64) (which is closer to the 2 O'clock position on my actual tree)....Then it plays but runs as though I have a 360 degree tree....so it runs around the back side of the tree...which I don't have on the actual tree....I have a 210 degree tree. Then it emerges from the right and continues around the front...

So my actual tree sets up like this: My strings run around the tree, numerically speaking, in a counter clockwise direction. String #1 is back toward the 10 O'clock position and string # 6 is at the 9 o'clock position. ..... That puts my last string (#64) over around the 2 O'clock position.

I also know my prior experience with HLS.... I tend to approach things in a counter intuitive way to the way HLS does things so it's probably something I'm doing wrong that is keeping me from getting a more realistic look at my tree in the PP editor. When I get out of the PP Editor and use "Display Preview" to do a playback the tree looks fine there.

I get all wrapped around the axle trying to keep it all straight between what I see in the PP editor and what I see in the "display preview".

Can someone point me to what I'm missing?

THanks

SC

Back