Vixen 2.1.1.0 channel grouping for sequencing

Capt'n Jack

Supporting Member
Is there a way to change the channel order to make sequencing easier by having similar elements together? I have changed the channel outputs for my profile and now am needing to sequence nut similar elements are scattered.

I almost broke down the first time I tried to use. Then tried xLights and got really discouraged. Used V2.5 for another season. Next spring tried V3 again and someone helped me understand how the groups worked. After that, the rest made sense. It is A LOT like 2.5 once the magic on the setup screen and preview screen are explained. The process of sequencing is actually easier once you realize your effects are not limited by the horizontal blocks. The vertical rows in V3 are almost identical to how they work in v2.

Is there a way to change the channel order to make sequencing easier by having similar elements together? I have changed the channel outputs for my profile and now am needing to sequence nut similar elements are scattered.

Absolutely you can. Where/how you do it is different depending on whether you use a profile or not.
If not:
Open a sequence. You'll see at the top, one of the menu bars has a drop down called Channel Order. Tap the drop down and select "define new order".

If you have a profile:
Open the profile manager and double click on your profile. In there you will see at the right, just above the "Output plugins" button, there's a dropdown for channel order. Click the dropdown and select "define new order".

And don't forget to save afterwards.

For profile, is that different than "change output order"? Does it only change the list for sequencing and not change the outputs?

For profile, is that different than "change output order"? Does it only change the list for sequencing and not change the outputs?

Change the channel outputs would change the actual order that output is sent. Channel order(to the right of the form) only changes the order that you see in the grid. It's confusing, I know, I wish it there was a distinction between the two, maybe Outputs and logical channels.

Back