Vixen 2.1.1.0 Trigger Plugin

alm4511

Hello,

I'm resurrecting an old Halloween haunt that used Vixen 2.x (I don't remember the exact version) running on Windows 9x and interfaced with a Velleman K8055 I/O board. I used a PIR sensor to trigger the sequence and it worked great. Problem is I no longer have the computer. So, I downloaded version 2.1.1.0 and have it running on a Windows 10 machine. I also have it running on a Windows XP x86 based machine running under Virtual Box on the same machine. The output sequence works on both. However, when I try to create a Trigger Response for the sequence I get the following message:

"There are no trigger plugins available for use."

I get this message on both instances of Vixen. I'm wondering if anyone out there has experienced this problem. I've been searching the internet looking for another 2.x version of Vixen, but I can only find 2.1.1.0.

Vixen version 3.x may not be an option since I don't think it supports the K8055, but maybe I'm wrong. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Al

I just confirmed that if you downloaded Vixen 2 from Vixenlights, a) It's not the 'current' version like they say and b) it doesn't have the trigger plugin installed by default.
You'll have to download it from http://www.vixenlights.com/builds/vixen_2/plugins/trigger_plugins/ and put it in your trigger plugins directory.

If you run into any problems let me know and I'll post version 2.1.4 which is the actual 'current' version.

Back