Vixen 2.1 - Channel Output reorder issue

lawn_racer69

Hello, I am trying to reorder my channels in Vixen to match what I actually put up. I have found this to sometimes be easier then trying to go to a certain channel output. This is the way that I have done it for several years, however this year things are not going so well.

I have been trying to order 10 channels for a few hours, i.e. trying to get channel 1 in sequence to energize output 10 on controller. When I go into Vixen 2.1 to rearrange the output, the channels assigned to a particular block change. For example I move channel 4 to coordinate with output 2, but when I go and look channel 4 is actually outputting to 6. There doesn't seem to be much order to it, and there are usually on a few each time that aren't right, but each time I try to reset it, the numbers will all change.

This is kinda a difficult thing to explain via forum. I have attached a output of some data that I was tracking. As you can hopefully see, as I change 1 channel order, there is multiple differences in output. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I am running this on Windows 10, not sure if that would affect it or not. Thanks for any help.

Capture.JPG

We have 142 Renard channels this year, and though it can sometimes be a challenge to correctly reorder the outputs as connected to the controllers, 10 channels shouldn't take long at all.

I'm not quite understanding what your issue is, but with 10 channels you should be able to physically trace the extension cords back to the controller and identify the exact channel number each element is connected to. You should end up with a list like this:
1 - Big Tree
2 - House Trim
3 - etc.

Then you put the channels in that order in the profile. The button to do that is on the upper left of the manage profiles window, not the bottom right which just gives you another order to use while editing a sequence.

The button to do that is on the upper left of the manage profiles window, not the bottom right which just gives you another order to use while editing a sequence.

This is correct and if you double click the left mouse button where you want change channels, a gray line appears. Then on the channel(s) you want at the gray line, hold ctrl and click the left mouse button once and they move up to that line. I reordered 176 channels in a few minutes. Ten channels should take seconds.

Hello, I am trying to reorder my channels in Vixen to match what I actually put up. I have found this to sometimes be easier then trying to go to a certain channel output. This is the way that I have done it for several years, however this year things are not going so well.

I have been trying to order 10 channels for a few hours, i.e. trying to get channel 1 in sequence to energize output 10 on controller. When I go into Vixen 2.1 to rearrange the output, the channels assigned to a particular block change. For example I move channel 4 to coordinate with output 2, but when I go and look channel 4 is actually outputting to 6. There doesn't seem to be much order to it, and there are usually on a few each time that aren't right, but each time I try to reset it, the numbers will all change.

This is kinda a difficult thing to explain via forum. I have attached a output of some data that I was tracking. As you can hopefully see, as I change 1 channel order, there is multiple differences in output. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I am running this on Windows 10, not sure if that would affect it or not. Thanks for any help.

View attachment 34755

Hello !!! Did you ever get this figured out? I am having the same problem !!!!

Okay, I have finally figured out where my problem is but not sure why or how to fix it.
I have four arches that use 16 channels each (8 white and 8 red) On the fourth arch,
the channels for that arch in the profile are 97-112, which is the first white channel all
the way through the last red channel, When I test it with the channel tester (Vixen 2.1)
or run a sequence, it outputs to 97-110 and is dropping 111 and 112 channels. This causes
every channel afterwards to shift forward by two outputs even though the channel numbers
are correct. What can cause this? I checked in the profile to make sure that both channels
are enabled and they are. All the channels from 1-96 are perfectly in order with the matching
channel numbers and outputs. This is the area that is causing the problem. Anyone have this
happen before? We are setting up and supposed to start tonight and this has put us at a stand still.

Okay, I have finally figured out where my problem is but not sure why or how to fix it.
I have four arches that use 16 channels each (8 white and 8 red) On the fourth arch,
the channels for that arch in the profile are 97-112, which is the first white channel all
the way through the last red channel, When I test it with the channel tester (Vixen 2.1)
or run a sequence, it outputs to 97-110 and is dropping 111 and 112 channels. This causes
every channel afterwards to shift forward by two outputs even though the channel numbers
are correct. What can cause this? I checked in the profile to make sure that both channels
are enabled and they are. All the channels from 1-96 are perfectly in order with the matching
channel numbers and outputs. This is the area that is causing the problem. Anyone have this
happen before? We are setting up and supposed to start tonight and this has put us at a stand still.

If you toggle the displaying of the outputs, do the channels appear to be set correct? If you want to send me the sequence and profile I'd be happy to take a look.

Back