Vixen 2.1 Higher Baud Rate Plug-in

boyelroy11

I vaguely remember seeing a Vixen 2.1 plug-in for higher than 115k baud rates with Renard. Was I dreaming? Could someone point it out if it exists? Thanks in advance...

Bruce

I know what you mean but I don't think it is a plugin but I was told how too run higher with vixen 2 Ill talk too you in chat about it

"In chat"? Is that so the rest of us can't find out or when someone finds this thread in a search they can just PM you?

Relax, he wasn't trying to be secretive. He and I were both in a chat room when I posted here. He happened to see it and knew I was there, so talked about it there.

As to the solution, you can open your Vixen 2.1 .pro file and set the baud rate down towards the end of the file. This will only work if you use a USB to serial dongle, as onboard serial ports rarely, if ever, go above 115200. Dongle drivers, though, will work with the higher baud setting. If you do set the rate higher in the .pro file, do not re-save your com port settings in vixen, or you will need to reset the .pro again.

Bruce

Thank you very much for the info. After rereading my post it comes off much stronger than I thought, sorry for that. I think with this thread title it'll be the go to thread for this info. And thanks for mentioning about the dongle, I use real ports so far and wouldn't have thought of that.

No worries. If you use a pci serial expansion board, many of those will support the higher rates, as well.

Back