Vixen Release Dates

algerdes

Supporting Member
I'm trying to hunt down the release dates for each of the major versions of Vixen.

Does anyone have this list and would you like to share?

Thanks

Al

I can't answer your question, per say, but I've been using DB 960 for months and it seems to be incredibly stable, so if ya want to get a head start, go for it!

Nope. I'm building a continuity book for our group. I came on with Vixen just before 2 came out, and have stayed current through the various levels since then. Our sequencing files from each of the years are intact and I want to keep them together to show where we have come from, and why we do some of the things we do today.

The "historical record" is in need of some accurate information. :freak:

BTW - Some of your sequences are included in this historical file! :)

I can't help with the earlier versions, but Vixen 3 history can be found in the github logs. It first went onto GitHub in February 2011. It was still beta at that point. It was pretty much just KC and Michael working on it until 2012 when Jeff and I and a handful of others jumped on board. It looks like we finally released the first non-beta 3.1 release in September of 2014 and we've been doing one major release every summer since then.

Go to the following url and you can find a historical record of all the test builds and the releases for quite a while back. The dev builds are tagged as Testbuild or build and some number that is the build number. The releases are tagged with the release number. You can see when they were released. Self documenting historical record in the source control process. There are a lot of them, so careful what you wish for. :)

https://github.com/VixenLights/Vixen/tags

Back