Vixen "SuperStarLights" module equivalent

What you see is what you get. There's no advanced module. It's all built right into the same program. How you use the effects to create something unique is what sequencing is all about.
I just watched the videos you posted and there's many effects in there. It's not clear which one you're talking about.
If you're talking about that effect with the streaks, you can do that fairly easily with chase effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wipe effect in Vixen is close to the morph effect in Superstar. That's the only effect that I know of which is comparable.

James

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

First year totally DMX, First year with pixels, first year with Vixen - I gave it my bet try to simulate some of the CCR effects.
Took a little work but I think got fairly close - Here' the visualizer video https://vimeo.com/181920178

First year totally DMX, First year with pixels, first year with Vixen - I gave it my bet try to simulate some of the CCR effects.
Took a little work but I think got fairly close - Here' the visualizer video https://vimeo.com/181920178

That looks pretty great. I agree you did some good work there. Maybe I just need to dig and play some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

right around the one minute mark, how do you keep the white element on as it climbs the tree? Can you make it more than one?

If it's where I think your're talking about I'm actually using the Bars effect with highlight and 3d turned on. Sometimes I do the entire tree (around 1:10) and sometimes its on a string by string basis (round 1:30, 1:45 area and alot of other places like the end where the 'whooshing' sounds are just a chase on a per string basis. I on't know how to make it more than just the 1 pixel white which the Bars with 3D and Highlight is doing

The effects you see in the beginning of the sequence with more rainbow colors are actually done using the Picture effect.

This sequence was a real challange for me to see if I've gotten the hang of Vixen 3. How to keep such a slow song from being somewhat boring. I'm realy quite happy with the results. All was done before the layers ability so I may want to tweak some things slightly wher needed with an intensity layer. Have had about 9 pixel strings hooked up and it looks real nice - can't wait to see the entire tree up and running it, just no room to set that up in the basement.

Last edited:
Back