VU meter

Wichita

Vixen 3.9 any version will not render the VU meter effect. I have to go back to 3.8 to have it work correctly.

Can you provide a little more details as to what type of prop it is being used on? Is there anything in the logs? I just did a test with one of my sequences and it was working on the latest release, so we need to dig into what might be different on your setup.

The waveform does not show up in the effect on the timeline or in the preview for my mega tree. The effect is there but it appears as if there is no data. Once I open the exact same sequence in 3.8 the audio data is back and it displays properly on the preview.

What configuration is your Mega tree? Number of strings / nodes.

Can you provide a screen shot of the Effect configuration screen so I can see what settings are being used.

Can you provide the logs from the My Documents\Vixen 3\logs folder? Specifically the error log.

I am sticking with 3.8 for now so I can get my show done by this weekend. I'll get 3.9 on my other PC and post the difference ASAP. I wonder if the audio engine change in 3.9 is causing the VU meter effect to behave differently.

I also found that the VU Meter function was changed from the update on my sequences. I had found that I needed to delete the old effect and add it back for it to work right, also the gain was needed to be changed. Further, you can not add a VU Meter effect to the very start of the sequence time, you have to move it a hair for it to render.

Mine is at the very start. I'm using it to create an old school equalizer effect on my mega trees for the beginning of Mad Russian. I'll mess with it when I get a chance. Thank you all for the help.

I was able to recreate an issue if it is at the very start. I will create a bug and track that down. As you indicated, moving it a little bit off the start and then it worked. I don't have any old sequences that had a VU effect in them, so I will have to go create one in the older release version and walk it forward to see what might be happening there.

I was able to find a fix for the issue of it not working correctly at the very start of a sequence. That same issue might have affected other areas that have zero volume. I was not able to recreate any general issues when migrating forward from older 3.8 sequences outside of the start issue. So I may need to get more input on how to recreate that. In the mean time the fix for the start issue will be in the latest dev build (1128) if anyone wants to check it out.

https://vixenlights.atlassian.net/browse/VIX-3344

Back