What Base Size For A Four Foot High Mini Tree

FishKing

I'm looking for opinions on what would be a decent size for the diameter of the base of a 4 foot high mini tree. It'll be a 180 tree with 8 strands with 50 pixels each. I currently have an 8 foot high mega tree with a 6 foot base. With this in mind, I'm thinking of a three foot base that would match the 50% size of the mega tree in width and the 4 foot height of the mega tree. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Rule of thumb, and mostly broken by all, is 1/2 the height. 4' tall tree, 2' wide (diameter). Your preference overrides this "rule of thumb".

My 3' trees have 10" bases. My 6' tree has a 30" base. My 14' tree has a 6' base. All look good. You need to make what looks good to you. My 3 and 6 foot tree bases were driven by available materials.

I guess it is more of personal preference. I sometimes wish I went with a 5' base on my mega tree. I think I might go with a more narrow base. Thanks for the input.

FishKing

I guess it is more of personal preference. I sometimes wish I went with a 5' base on my mega tree. I think I might go with a more narrow base. Thanks for the input.

FishKing

I initially sat down with excel and had it draw a triangle. Changed the dimensions until my wife and I had something that looked good to us. Then tried to build things with that height / width ratio.

i think the big ??? with tree height to base width ratio comes down to, do you want nice element in your show or do you want nice effects. a tree of whatever height and base will be a nice "blinky flashy" element in any show. but if you want nice effects, the height to 1/2 the height base ratio in the way to go.

It did it on the web page on my PC as well. Delete all but the first number in a field, add your number, delete the first digit. Works fine.

Back