What is pi@fpp $

Robotjam

Hello new guy here. I have just installed the FPP and just passed where it ask for the password it is now asking pi@fpp $ and I have no idea what it wants, can anyone help me. It is not connected to the internet because my router is password protected and wont let it in.

Thanks in advance

That is the command prompt like the old C:\ on windows machines. We do not do anything with that. If the Pi is running you use a web interface to configure and operate the pi. Using chrome type fpp\ as a website. Sometimes that works, otherwise you need to know the ip address of the pi which by default is 192.168.0.10. If neither of those work you should be logged in at FalconChristmas.com where you can get a lot of help and there is a lot of info to read in the threads.

to get your ip address type

ifconfig

and press rnter. among the info that comes up will be your ip address.

the fact that your router needs a password has little to do with accessing the pi from a computer on your home network.

ifconfig worked I think I did get an ip address but at the prompt it did nothing.
I only have one Ethernet outlet on my computer and that is connected to the router (so I can ask stupid questions in groups like this) and three free on my wireless router.

HA I'm in Wahoo. now I have the FPP program control page on my computer but on my tv I still get the pi@fpp~$ screen

Do I even need the hdmi going to my TV if the Ethernet connected to my wireless router seems to be working?

Well it looks like everything is working. Now I need to figure out what to do next.
I just want to thank all you who helped I could not have done it alone.

Thank you again

Back