What songs/music will you be using this year?

BillW

Supporting Member
Just thought I would put it out there. Christmas is fast approaching, only 235 days as of this posting. Looking for ideas and inspiration.
So far, I have: Little Drummer Boy by Josue Avila https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B12lO-gv1c0
Looking for more songs along this genre/beat.

BillW

Last edited:
This year I am wanting to add more children's songs, and then have a children's song playlist 1 hour before the main show starts.

So far for 2023:
* Greatest Time of Year.
* Snoopy's Christmas.
* Feliz Navidad.
* You made it feel like Christmas.
and another 6 that I don't want to spoil :).

'All I want for Christmas' has to be the most overused and hated song in a light display.... hearing that on repeat 20 times a night is torture LOL.

After listening to Carol of the Bells by the Piano Guys, it will be in our rotation.
The biggest thing this year is to bring more kids' songs into the kit. Sort of got away from it in the past couple of years.
Like many, trying to find that blend of music for all different ages presented in such a way that the old folks like the kids' stuff, the kids listen to and tap their feet (or hands, or ...) to the newer music, etc.

After listening to Carol of the Bells by the Piano Guys, it will be in our rotation.
The biggest thing this year is to bring more kids' songs into the kit. Sort of got away from it in the past couple of years.
Like many, trying to find that blend of music for all different ages presented in such a way that the old folks like the kids' stuff, the kids listen to and tap their feet (or hands, or ...) to the newer music, etc.

I agree, adding more kid friendly songs is what it should be about, but finding the balance between the two is tricky. I love the fact that many of us are on the same page and using the same artist and songs (i.e., Toby Mac or Owl City) must be a God thing since it is about Christ--mas. I did find a cute kid song if anyone is interested in listening. The Christmas Dance by Go Fish, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXPkFKpR2Ao

Thanks for your input and a shout out to the Carol of the Bells looking to incorporate that for the big kids at heart.

This is the challenge for me as well. Trying to find material that appeals to all age groups and have a Christmas theme to them. I try to mix songs in the rotation so a more kid oriented song is followed up by something adults may like. I have seen many kids dancing away to the the rock oriented ones that I figured would appeal more to adults so you never know.

Jeff

Back