Window Trim: Navigating PVC Elbows / Couplers

rsegreto

I'm designing my first show and trying to think as much through before buying and fabricating things. I was looking at the options for mounting the pixels, ChromaTrim vs. PixelTrim, and trying to figure out which one would provide the best clearance around PVC Corners.

It looks like the PixelTrim is wider so should clear the pvc corners on the frames I'm going to build as opposed to the ChromaTrim but maybe it's just the pictures on Boscoyo's website? I wanted to see if anyone who has used 1/2 PVC frames for windows & doors ran into issues navigating corners or couplers with either mounting strip?

Any advice or options would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
-Russ

I use Boscoyo’s ChromaTrim. This is a picture of two of my corners.

I don’t think I had any issues getting things where I wanted them.

5e8557febd5dde3270f58179fa83afa3.jpg

I wanted to make sure a light was in the corner on each frame.

Perfect that’s exactly what I wanted to see! I also want to have a pixel in the corner, thanks so much!

My other window is a bow window so I was planning on using 22.5 degree elbows to wrap the frame as close to the window as possible. I’m sure at least one of those may run right into a pixel but since I won’t have any vertical runs I’m hoping it’ll be okay.
It looks like from your picture that the pixels will rest below the elbow there as well.

-Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back