Wireless SSR

zaker

Does anyone make/have plans/kit of a 4 channel wireless SSR? hopefully using an ESP8266? I have one location with 4 sets of AC lights, have power close enough, but awkward to get a cable to. I though I saw someone mention one, but can't find it now.

Thanks for any info

tom

I did email Renard-shop about availability, and found a schematicdocs on Dirks website for the Onebanger, just add 3 more driver circuits. I have made lots of boards over the years for this hobby and others, not sure what supplies I have.

Somewhere in my collection is a home etched Olsen 595 board, and still using my home etched SSR's.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Where did you find the schematic? I found the manual, but not the schematic.
I did email Renard-shop about availability, and found a schematicdocs on Dirks website for the Onebanger, just add 3 more driver circuits. I have made lots of boards over the years for this hobby and others, not sure what supplies I have.

Somewhere in my collection is a home etched Olsen 595 board, and still using my home etched SSR's.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I assume the OP question is, "does anyone make wireless 4-channel SSR kits *that I could use*?" I DIY 4-channel SSR contraptions fairly regularly, but I don't particularly market them or make them available.

Depending on your needs, you might want to consider my favorite RFM69 Arduino Uno shields instead of ESP8266: https://www.elecrow.com/rfm69-shield.html

It's a big Arduino Uno form factor, and it's definitely non-standard (frankly, I'm the only one I know who uses them...), but I have been far happier with the wireless than I have with any 2.4Ghz wireless (this runs more-or-less on 315MHz). Good outdoor range, good response, and you're writing Arduino sketches right down at the lowest level. No OS, no TCP/IP stack to speak of. You tell the Arduino when to send and when to read (or to dequeue a signal it already received). People probably remote-control cars and airplanes with these things. You still have to wire out your own SSR's, but a lot of the NodeMCU software stuff other people have to deal with, you don't. You also don't have to deal with a lot of the level-shifting stuff others do, since this runs directly on a 5V Arduino. I run big 40A SSR's directly. I'm in love with them, and my wife feels threatened.

DIGWDF made the FourStick, OneStick and also a real workhorse called the MiniRen8/4XB. That was essentially a heavy-duty, 4-channel wireless SSR.

Just FYI, the Gerbers and DipTrace design files are purchasable at reasonable prices from the DIGWDF Store. Here's the page of instructions for how to get them.
You can buy one, two, five, or even all 80+ of them for $69.95.

http://digwdf.org/store/category.php?id_category=27

I could get into a lot of trouble buying the Gerbers, lots of neat stuff at digwdr store! Thanks for the info.

I could get into a lot of trouble buying the Gerbers, lots of neat stuff at digwdr store! Thanks for the info.

I am not sure how you 'd get into trouble . I was considering buying these to play with . But now that Dirk has post a link I am reconsidering .

Back