xLights and Sequencer issues?

tomkinsong

I'm real new to the DIY Christmas lights scene but I'm making progress thanks to this forum and the helpful folks. An xLights Sequencing issue is driving me nuts though!

I've got a very simple house outline that I'm flashing with drum heavy beats only. I then have my windows outlined and flashing on every beat of the song. Finally, I have wreaths in each window that have a circular effect applied to them.

When I edit a Sequence and verify the output using the "house preview" everything looks great. I then save and quit. The next time I return to the sequencer to work on the file and hit play, not all of the elements light up in the "house preview" and I have to click on each of the effects to get them to light up in the "house preview" again.

I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong but would love you guys' thoughts!

Cheers, Gary

I noticed that too when I was adding to my sequences this year, but never figured out why it would do it. But I also haven't updated my xLights lately and need to do that. What version are you on?

I'm real new to the DIY Christmas lights scene but I'm making progress thanks to this forum and the helpful folks. An xLights Sequencing issue is driving me nuts though!

I've got a very simple house outline that I'm flashing with drum heavy beats only. I then have my windows outlined and flashing on every beat of the song. Finally, I have wreaths in each window that have a circular effect applied to them.

When I edit a Sequence and verify the output using the "house preview" everything looks great. I then save and quit. The next time I return to the sequencer to work on the file and hit play, not all of the elements light up in the "house preview" and I have to click on each of the effects to get them to light up in the "house preview" again.

I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong but would love you guys' thoughts!

Cheers, Gary

I would suggest going to the xLights Zoom Room. Those guys are great, but be prepared to share your screen so they can help you.

I believe you have to Render and Save. Render is a button, save is under File Dropdown.

FYI:
Render - painter's pallet icon
Save - blue disk image icon

If you have "render on save" activated, only need to save.

In my experience, even if you render and save, if you then close out Xlights and restart & reload, you might still have to re-render at the start.

This is why I don't do 10-minute sequences.

I agree with 1pet2_9. Quite a few times, but not regular, when starting xLights and entering a sequence that I was working on before - render/save is required (again). Note that I can tell when I try to play the sequence on the computer it does not show up.
If anyone comes up with a solution for this, PLEASE let us know.

The best we can do is recommend render / save (manually or with it selected when you save), and hope for the best.

Back