Amazon Lightning Deal

dbldare

Total noob still, but I came across this today. Not sure is it will work too well for outside stuff, but I'm guessing it should be fine in windows and short throw, light controlled props.... 7500 lumens is quite the stretch - probably just before it blows up :). I ordered a couple to try out in future projects.

https://a.co/d/gGnoAhp

Here's the Amazon description:
AuKing Projector, 2023 Upgraded Mini Projector, 7500 lumens Multimedia Home Theater Video Projector,
Compatible with Full HD 1080P HDMI, USB, VGA, AV, Smartphone, Pad, TV Box, Laptop

Good luck!
dbl

I've used a similar one for a virtual Santa for several years. YeH, the lumens value is a crapshoot as they use different methods to calculate it.

I am using a similar projector as well for Virtual Santa that I run using FPP on Raspberry Pi. The one feature I do miss is the ability to turn the projector on and off from FPP, I have to do that manually every night.

I would suggest looking for used projectors on ebay. I was able to get a few Epson brightlink 595wi short throw projectors for super cheap and they have about half of the rated lamp hours left. I really like how I can place these 2' from the window and have it project 120" on the screen. Another nice feature is the support for crestron room view which allows the projectors to be turned on/off remotely on a schedule.

I got 4 of these for $180 total, which included shipping. I plan to use a couple for virtual matrices next Christmas.

Back